Yummy Gluten-Free Recipes
Feb 21, 2013 02:19PM
Dutch Baby Pancake
“These delicious gluten-free yummies should be served as soon as they’re pulled from the oven, as they will deflate soon enough,” says gluten-free health advocate Tina Turbin. “They’re perfect for an easy, laid back brunch.” On her website, GlutenFreeHelp.info, Turbin offers recipes for two home- made, gluten-free flour blends.
Makes 2 large pancakes, or 4 servings
4 large eggs
¾ cup gluten-free flour blend
¾ cup soy, rice or almond milk
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 medium apples, thinly sliced
¼ cup natural granulated or raw sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place 2 round, 9-inch cake pans in the oven.
3. Beat the eggs, flour, milk and salt in a small mixer bowl on medium speed for 1 minute.
4. Remove the pans from the oven. Place 2 Tbsp margarine in each pan. Rotate pans until margarine is melted and coats sides of pans.
5. Arrange half the apple slices in each pan. Divide batter evenly between pans. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp sugar mixture over batter in each pan.
6. Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.